What happened to Vanessa Guillen?

According to a court document and Natalie Khawam, the family’s attorney, Army Spc.

Vanessa Guillén’s family filed a lawsuit on Friday seeking $35 million in damages from the Department of the Army. Guillén vanished from Fort Hood, Texas, in 2020 and was later discovered dead.

Who was Vanessa Guillen?

Vanessa Guillen, a 20-year-old Army specialist, was born and reared in Houston, Texas, together with her five siblings.

According to The New York Times, she enlisted in the Army when she was 18. According to the journal, she competed in soccer, cross country, and track and field as a student-athlete.

At the time of her death, Vanessa was stationed at Fort Hood in Texas. She allegedly told her family that a superior was sexually abusing her before she vanished in April 2020. She was later found dead.

Vanessa’s family contacted then-President Donald Trump as part of their efforts to find out the truth about what had happened to Vanessa. In September, she would have turned 23.

What happened to Vanessa Guillen?

The Western District of Texas U.S. Attorney’s Office said on Monday that Cecily Aguilar, who pled guilty to one count of accessory to murder after the fact and three other offences in the 2020 killing of U.S. Army Specialist Vanessa Guillen, had been given a 30-year prison term.

What happened to Vanessa Guillen?
What happened to Vanessa Guillen?

In Waco, Texas, Aguilar was sentenced for her part in Guillen’s murder in 2020.

Aguilar could have received up to 30 years in jail and a $1 million fine after entering a guilty plea in 2022 to one count of accessory to murder after the fact and three additional offences.

Robinson committed suicide when police tried to talk to her in 2020 after telephone data showed Robinson was Guillen’s last contact before she was killed.

Aguilar was promptly detained and accused of conspiring to tamper with evidence; 12 days later, he was indicted.

Which way did Vanessa Guillen go?

Vanessa abruptly vanished on April 22, 2020. A different Fort Hood soldier named Aaron Robinson was charged on July 2.

However, according to The Times, Robinson apparently shot and killed himself a few days before the accusation went public. Robinson received the final text sent by Vanessa before she vanished on April 22.

Robinson’s girlfriend, Cecily Aguilar, was seized and accused of tampering with evidence and Vanessa’s body by a grand jury at the district court in Waco, Texas.

KHOU11 reports that Aguilar has entered a not-guilty plea to every accusation, and her trial will begin on January 3, 2023.

Robinson allegedly told Aguilar, according to court documents, that he repeatedly “bludgeoned” Vanessa in the skull at Fort Hood with a hammer until she passed away from her wounds.

According to the papers, he and Aguilar attempted to dismember and burn her body after hiding it.

About the Author

Leave a Comment